Thursday, August 28, 2008

What Matters to Ethan

There are several things in my life that I value; my family, my friends and my country. Now I will tell you about my values, and why there important to me.
My family is basically the backbone of my life; they mean the world to me. I have a loving dad named Steve, he lives on another continent and still manages to make sure that me and my sister safe. My dad always loved to quote to kill a mockingbird he always says to me and my sister “Keep your head up, and your fists down” I always think of this quote when I face trouble or when I’m confused, it reminds me to stay strong, and always stand up for what you believe in. My guardian Robert Rogers, is probably the cockiest man I have ever met, he always tells me to stay strong and keep fighting, when I’m around him it’s unacceptable to say the words “never” or “fail” he doesn’t quit at anything, he’s relentless.
Another thing I appreciate deeply is my friends. I would be nowhere without them. Whenever I’m mad or sad, my friends always manage to make me laugh. We always have the best of times, even if we do get in some trouble every now and then. My friends are basically my heroes.
The last thing I value, and also one of the most important things is my country. Without my country and my countries ideals I wouldn’t be where I am today, I respect my government and the decisions they make.
As you can obviously see, my friends, family, and country mean the world to me.

2 comments:

colleenO2011 said...

Ethan, I never knew that about your life, it must be heard having your dad away but at least you have friends to keep your mind elsewhere. I read To Kill A Mockingbird, I thought the characters were wise but the book kind of confused me

Chaseo2012 said...

Good job Ethan. I like how much you described how much your friends help you out and make you laugh. I have a lot of friends like that and helps to have those kinds of friends. I can tell that your family means a lot to you and thats really cool. I like the idea of keeping your head up and your fists down. Really cool.